Plug-In Collective Members Get Analogue Channel Strip Free
50s and 70s British preamp, compressor and EQ by Acustica Audio offered free til end of May for Focusrite customers
Built on Acustica Audio’s Acqua Engine convolution technology, Cream2 recreates a collection of iconic British analogue hardware manufactured between the late ‘50s and early ’70s, across three separate ‘module’ plug-ins and a complete channel strip. Cream Pre offers a choice of transistor-based line/mic and tube-based tape deck preamplifier emulations; Cream Comp is a compressor in transistor and vari-mu valve variants, featuring an external sidechain input and dry/wet mix control; and Cream EQ models two classic console equaliser circuits, with Bass, Treble, Presence and Magic bands, the last switching between a variety of responses.
The headline act, however, is the main Cream Channel Strip, which brings the Cream Pre, Comp and EQ modules together in a single integrated plug-in for luxurious full-on console emulation.
With its warm, musical sound, and the ability to mix and match vintage circuits within and between its modules, Cream2 is just the thing for bringing a touch of analogue class to any in-the-box production.
- Built on Acqua Engine convolution technology
- Impulse responses sampled from legendary British consoles, tape decks, compressor and EQ
- Complete vintage channel strip, comprising preamp, compressor and four-band EQ
- Separate preamp, compressor and EQ plugins
- Mix and match solid state and valve-based circuitry within Cream Channel Strip and Cream EQ
To join Plug-in Collective, simply register any Focusrite hardware product, then look out for a new offer every couple of months.